Saturday 19 September 2015

New Cards

I hope you are having a fun weekend doing what makes you happy.  One of things that relaxes me is sitting at my table creating, often the birds are in the birdbath splashing about but unfortunately not today. Here are a few of my recent cards, pink seems to be a popular colour with me at the moment so I thought a masculine card was needed to balance things out.

For this first card I wanted to try the watercolour paints for the first time, well all I can say is it didn't turn out too well. I guess more practice is needed. So instead  after stamping the roses I decided to sponge the colour on with a dauber and this worked so much better. I then fussy cut the roses and leaves and adhered them with the foam tape. I used Blush ink for the roses and Olive for the leaves and the sentiment. To finish off the card I added the pretty pink ribbon and a ribbon slide. The ribbon and heart shape ribbon slide come from my stash.


 I love this card and the intended recipient will be my niece's daughter who turns 7 later this month. I saw a similar card on Pinterest earlier this year and couldn't wait to copy it. I only just recently bought this stamp with the little girl and her puppy called Play Day Everyday Life D1515 and I finally had the chance to make it. The background stamping uses a Stamp of the Month from December 2013 called Special Care. Some Pink Washi Tape, Grey Bakers Twine and Clear Sparkles finishes off the card perfectly.


Finally here is my masculine card, I really like the Seaside Greeting set D1609. I stamped the sail boat in Black and the greeting in Cranberry ink. Then double matted the image with black and cranberry cardstock. To embellish I added the Black Sequins and the Black Twine.


The weather is perfect today,  so if you are enjoying the outdoors make the most of it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend doing what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment