Monday 12 March 2018

Scrapbooking Weekend

Last weekend was a long public holiday weekend and I caught up with some of my scrapping buddies and managed to get a few layouts completed. I visited the Bahamas with my mum and brother in 2015 it was a lovely visit we got to meet the newest member of the family. My niece had a gorgeous baby girl a few weeks before we arrived and it was wonderful seeing her for the first time. She had a full head of dark hair and was so beautiful. She is my mum's 18th great grandchild.



I thought it was time I started scrapping the photos of that holiday and here are a few layouts. Unfortunately the Bahamas is a very long way from Perth Western Australia and it takes anything up to 38 hours flying time. My dream is one day to fly business class and be able to actually lie down to sleep. This is the first page of this holiday album.


Our first stop in the Bahamas was the capital Nassau where I grew up and lived before we moved to Australia. The Bahamas consists of about 20 islands large enough to be inhabited, but records show there are about 700 islands all told. We stayed on Paradise Island which is just across the harbour from Nassau. I had heard about the Cloisters when we were living there but I had never been to see it.  The Cloisters are the beautiful remains of a 14th Century French Augustinian monastery that was located in Montrejau, France.


From Nassau we then went to Marsh Harbour Abaco, one of what the Bahamians call the Family Islands. It is here that my two nieces live and where we spent the most time. There are a number of settlements and small islands that are called cays (pronounced key) that are worth visiting. These areas are all very modernized but there are still a few old wooden buildings that hark back to the past.


Thank you for stopping by, I will add a few more layouts later.  Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment